Time: 45:30
Size: 104.2 MB
Styles: R&B, Electric blues
Year: 2017
Art: Front
[3:19] 1. Love Me Do
[3:59] 2. The Word
[3:27] 3. Bricky Sunny Day
[2:38] 4. When I Get Home
[2:08] 5. I've Just Seen A Face
[3:04] 6. Every Little Thing
[3:09] 7. Dear George
[4:09] 8. I'm Only Sleeping
[4:56] 9. She Said She Said
[5:47] 10. Rain
[2:00] 11. There's A Place
[3:44] 12. Good Morning
[3:04] 13. Xmas Dogs
Danny Adler Guitars, lead and harmony vocals, bass, drums and percussion; Johnny “The Fox” Fox Bass and harmony vocals; Tim Brown Drums; Bob Bollinger Drums; John Curley Bass.
This LP is truly a labour of Love and believe it or not, it took 10 years to complete. The very fact that it required so much time to finish belies the fact that the moments of inspiration contained herein occurred during technicolor bursts of therapeutic joy whilst I was deep in process for my three most recent LPs.
Bit Of Background: Of course, I always loved the Beatles but it never occurred to me to perform any of their tunes until the mid 1990’s when I was writing and playing a lot of acoustic guitar and not gigging very much. That’s when some of my favorite numbers began to creep into, and energize my dreamy afternoon practices. I found this material comforting and challenging at the same time. In particular, I found that I could (sort of) sing in Lennon’s range, and occasionally sneak a few of my own licks in, or transpose lending a not unpleasant bluesy twist to the songs.
Fast forward to 2010, after receiving encouragement from my dear collaborators, engineers Bob Bollinger, John Curley and Bill Gwynne, the project sprung into action. First out of the gate was “She Said She Said” captured live in one take during the Political Dancing Session, which eventually ended up on The Danny Adler Band 2014 Album DALP 19. “There’s A Place” was also thrown down in one take on the groggy grey winter afternoon of February 11th, 2013, perhaps 50 years to the minute from when “The Boys” on Zubes Caugh Drops, Piccadilly cigarettes and milk laid down their original. During Spring/Winter 2014, Bob Bollinger and I were up to our necks, needing a break from layering guitars, vocals and drum overdubs for the “Gaslight Angels” LP. We were simultaneously preparing “Last Session On Brewster” (the King Album) for release when out jumped “When I Get Home”, “I’ve Just Seen A Face” and “Every Little Thing”. “The Word” was recorded during January 2015. “Love Me Do” and “Rain” came from a Danny Adler Band Session in Cincinnati that produced more material for “Gaslight Angels” during June 2015. Sadly our dear friend and master musician Johnny “The Fox” Fox to whom this LP is dedicated, passed away in November 2016. The “Good Morning” sessions began on February 8th, 2017 again, 50 years to the day from the original. Finally, “I’m Only Sleeping” dreamily drifted to us during May 2017 and is our homage to John Lennon. “Xmas Dogs” and “Bricky Sunny Day”, my originals, are reminiscent to me of that special crystalline vibe from late 1964 and early 1965, and of course “Dear George” is my homage to George Harrison. These tracks were all recorded during January 2007.
This LP is truly a labour of Love and believe it or not, it took 10 years to complete. The very fact that it required so much time to finish belies the fact that the moments of inspiration contained herein occurred during technicolor bursts of therapeutic joy whilst I was deep in process for my three most recent LPs.
Bit Of Background: Of course, I always loved the Beatles but it never occurred to me to perform any of their tunes until the mid 1990’s when I was writing and playing a lot of acoustic guitar and not gigging very much. That’s when some of my favorite numbers began to creep into, and energize my dreamy afternoon practices. I found this material comforting and challenging at the same time. In particular, I found that I could (sort of) sing in Lennon’s range, and occasionally sneak a few of my own licks in, or transpose lending a not unpleasant bluesy twist to the songs.
Fast forward to 2010, after receiving encouragement from my dear collaborators, engineers Bob Bollinger, John Curley and Bill Gwynne, the project sprung into action. First out of the gate was “She Said She Said” captured live in one take during the Political Dancing Session, which eventually ended up on The Danny Adler Band 2014 Album DALP 19. “There’s A Place” was also thrown down in one take on the groggy grey winter afternoon of February 11th, 2013, perhaps 50 years to the minute from when “The Boys” on Zubes Caugh Drops, Piccadilly cigarettes and milk laid down their original. During Spring/Winter 2014, Bob Bollinger and I were up to our necks, needing a break from layering guitars, vocals and drum overdubs for the “Gaslight Angels” LP. We were simultaneously preparing “Last Session On Brewster” (the King Album) for release when out jumped “When I Get Home”, “I’ve Just Seen A Face” and “Every Little Thing”. “The Word” was recorded during January 2015. “Love Me Do” and “Rain” came from a Danny Adler Band Session in Cincinnati that produced more material for “Gaslight Angels” during June 2015. Sadly our dear friend and master musician Johnny “The Fox” Fox to whom this LP is dedicated, passed away in November 2016. The “Good Morning” sessions began on February 8th, 2017 again, 50 years to the day from the original. Finally, “I’m Only Sleeping” dreamily drifted to us during May 2017 and is our homage to John Lennon. “Xmas Dogs” and “Bricky Sunny Day”, my originals, are reminiscent to me of that special crystalline vibe from late 1964 and early 1965, and of course “Dear George” is my homage to George Harrison. These tracks were all recorded during January 2007.
Bit Of Beatles mc
Bit Of Beatles zippy

No comments:
Post a Comment