Thursday, November 20, 2014

Delbert McClinton - 2 albums: I'm With You / Feelin' Alright

Delbert McClinton proudly defies classifications. His music blends his Texas roots with roadhouse rock, juke-joint blues, Memphis soul and country. During his entire recording career, record labels have consistently tried to pigeonhole Delbert's music. But if you ask the critics about Delbert's dynamic vocals and harmonica style, you'll hear descriptions ranging from 'honky-tonk,' 'blue-eyed soul,' and 'Texas stomp' to 'country rock' and 'blues.' Delbert's music rebels against traditional categorization. Ask Delbert what kind of music he plays and he'll say, "Fun music."

Delbert was born in Lubbock, Texas in 1940 and moved to Ft. Worth at the age of 12. His mother was a beautician and his father a switchman for the Rock Island Railroad, the same famous "Rock Island Line" that was the subject of so many songs by Texas bluesmen. But Delbert was growing up as a normal Texas teenager, unaware of the blues, until (as he recalled in MUSICIAN magazine) one fateful day. "I was coming back from squirrel hunting and there was this old black barbecue place, and I heard Joe Turner's "Honey Hush." The closer I got, the more excited I got. My heart went to pounding, and I said, 'Who is that, and what is it?' I'll never forget that. There's no way I can explain it. I just went nuts. That stuff still does it to me. Boy, I wish I could hear more music that could do that to me now." Delbert began to immerse himself in the local R&B scene, staying up into the early morning, listening to KNOK, Ft. Worth's R&B station.

Album: I'm With You
Bitrate: 320K/s
Time: 33:47
Size: 77.4 MB
Styles: Blue eyed soul, Texas bllues
Year: 1990
Art: Front

[3:10] 1. That's The Way I Feel
[3:57] 2. My Baby's Lovin'
[4:05] 3. Go On
[3:13] 4. Got You On My Mind
[3:20] 5. Crazy 'bout You
[3:50] 6. I'm With You
[3:56] 7. I Want To Love You
[2:37] 8. Who's Foolin' Who
[3:16] 9. The Real Thing
[2:18] 10. My Love Is Burnin'

I'm With You mc
I'm With You zippy

Album: Feelin' Alright
Bitrate: 320K/s
Time: 24:34
Size: 56.3 MB
Styles: Blue eyed soul, Texas blues
Year: 1984/2014
Art: Front

[4:08] 1. Wake Up Baby
[2:28] 2. Lost In A Dream
[2:27] 3. Crying Over You
[1:56] 4. Lose Your Money (But Don't Lose Your Mind)
[2:20] 5. Couldn't Have Been A Millionaire
[2:42] 6. Don't Cry No More
[2:22] 7. It's Over
[2:07] 8. I Ain't Never
[2:00] 9. Singin' The Blues
[1:59] 10. Tina

Feelin' Alright mc
Feelin' Alright zippy

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carbon14: Hi 'mat tiggas', can re-up "Delbert McClinton - 2 albums: I'm With You / Feelin' Alright"?. Thank you for your attention and congratulations on this excellent blog

DeePeeGee said...

Would it be possible to provide new links please for these two albums? Many thanks

Red Rooster said...

New links for these albums can be found below.

Delbert McClinton - I'm With You (1990) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/OHAIASDI/DMC-IWY.rar_links
Zippy: http://www83.zippyshare.com/v/xlUJDn4L/file.html

Delbert McClinton - Feelin' Alright (1984) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/GQ4IBRCO/DMC-FA.rar_links
Zippy: http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/Q1BwT0LO/file.html

Anonymous said...

Gidday Red Rooster Some more digging through this excellent blog has uncovered another great post...would it be possible for you to re-up the links for Delbert McClinton again? Thanking you in keen anticipation, Rixboy

Red Rooster said...

New links for these albums can be found below.

Delbert McClinton - I'm With You (1990) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/79VUFNHZ/DMC-IWY.rar_links
Zippy: http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/Tp1YroFq/file.html

Delbert McClinton - Feelin' Alright (1984) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/07ESGYLX/DMC-FA.rar_links
Zippy: http://www99.zippyshare.com/v/s6eI1z2D/file.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the re-up links Red Rooster, I am looking forward to hearing these 2 albums by Delbert McClinton. Cheers, Rixboy

Anonymous said...

Red Rooster!! would it be possible for you to new re-up the links for Delbert McClinton again? Thanks

Red Rooster said...

@Anonymous (whoever you are) .. as soon as you leave a name/nick/alias together with your re-up request I will help you with new links for this post. Please read the Guidelines.

carbono14 said...

Hi!! 'Red Rooster'. Is it possible re-up 'Delbert McClinton - 2 albums: I'm With You / Feelin' Alright'? Thank you very much for your attention

Red Rooster said...

New links for this post can be found below.

Delbert McClinton - I'm With You (1990) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/T7SXU3X1/DMC-IWY.rar_links
Zippy: http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/3cFzervh/file.html

Delbert McClinton - Feelin' Alright (1984) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0GGELZGP/DMC-FA.rar_links
Zippy: http://www77.zippyshare.com/v/YfTQf2cd/file.html

carbono14 said...

Thank you 'Red Rooster'

Anonymous said...

Can you please re-up? Thank you!!
Tomstevens

Red Rooster said...

New links for this post (both albums) can be found below.

Delbert McClinton - I'm With You (1990) [320]
MC: https://www.mirrored.to/files/HE2ZJYJV/DMC-IWY.rar_links
Zippy: https://www15.zippyshare.com/v/zGqhnAdz/file.html

Delbert McClinton - Feelin' Alright (1984) [320]
MC: https://www.mirrored.to/files/BNF9QHAL/DMC-FA.rar_links
Zippy: https://www101.zippyshare.com/v/YVhubF9C/file.html

Anonymous said...

That was quick! Thank you!
Tomstevens

AJ said...

Many thanks to all who contributed Delbert McClinton (eg. Red Rooster, BDaD, etc) - AJ