Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 55:12
Size: 127,4 MB
Styles: Electric blues
Scans: Full
1. That's What They Call The Blues (3:18)
2. Do I Move You (4:05)
3. Nothing You Can Do (3:49)
4. In The Dark (5:48)
5. I Love Your Lovin' Ways (3:41)
6. Someday Soon (5:23)
7. Soulville (2:20)
8. Today I Sing The Blues (5:07)
9. Day And Night (3:02)
10. I Can't Shake You (6:32)
11. Man About Town (3:09)
12. Cry Daddy (4:07)
13. Jump For Joy (4:44)
Diane Blue's debut album features blues royalty: The masterful blues guitarist, Ronnie Earl, and Boston's Queen of the Blues, Ms. Toni Lynn Washington singing along with Ms. Blue on a few tracks. Ms. Blue performs vocals and harmonica in this soulful collection of original and cover tunes, paying homage to Nina Simone, Koko Taylor, Dinah Washington, and Aretha Franklin. Her ensemble includes drummer Lorne Entress and pianist/Hammond B3 organist Dave Limina (both of Ronnie Earl's "Broadcasters"), along with Boston's Bobby Gus on guitar, Johnny "Blue Horn" Moriconi on trumpet. Scott Shetler does double duty on saxophone and horn arrangements.
Blues In My Soul mc
Blues In My Soul zippy

8 comments:
All right, I'll be honest: I was initially tempted to listen to this album because of master Ronnie Earl's participation. But it's worth listening anyway. Ms. Blue is a fine performer and the band a pleasure to listen to. As for Ronnie's guitar parts, well, I may be prejudiced but they're fascinating as they have always been!
Glad you enjoyed the post George, and thanks for your comment. Personally I think this is a great album, and the vocals from both Diane Blue and Toni Lynn Washington are really good. And of course, Ronnie Earl does a fine job too along with the other fine musicians.
Is it possible to re-up " Diane Blue - Blues in my soul " ?.
Thanks.
Links for this post updated May 11, 2021.
Thanks Rooster! :)
@ Red Rooster - Thanks a lot for the re-up of Diane Blue: Blues in my soul.
I appreciate!
Hallo Red Rooster
many thanks for sharing
Today two links are still working !
I love details:
Diane Blue Vocals, Harmonic, Guitar on 12
Toni Lynn Washington Vocals on 3, 5, 9, 13
Ronnie Earl Guitar on 1, 4, 8, 10, 13
Bobby Gus Guitar, Backing Vocals on 9
John Moriconi Trumpet on 3, 6, 7, 13 Backing Vocals on 3
Scott Shetler Sax on 3, 6, 7, 13
Dave Limina Piano, Hammond B3
Jesse Williams Bass, Gang Vocals on 2, 6
Lorne Entress Drums
(PS. I'm a fan of Toni Lynn Washington I have seen live!)
Henri
You're most welcome Henri, glad you enjoyed the post. And good that some of the links were still valid even though it was eight months since they were last updated. Thanks for your comment and for the additional info, it's appreciated.
Post a Comment