Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 36:06
Size: 83,6 MB
Styles: Electric blues, soul-blues
Scans: Full
1. Too Many Cooks (2:52)
2. The Score (4:09)
3. The Welfare (Turns Its Back On You) (3:22)
4. That's What I'll Do (2:40)
5. I'd Rather Be A Wino (4:51)
6. Who's Been Talking? (3:47)
7. Sleeping In The Ground (3:23)
8. I'm Gonna Forget About You (3:13)
9. Nice As A Fool Can Be (3:18)
10. If You're Thinkin' What I'm Thinkin' (4:27)
The Pacific Northwest-based blues savior's first album in 1980 boded well for his immediate future. Unfurling a sterling vocal delivery equally conversant with blues and soul, Cray offers fine remakes of the Willie Dixon-penned title tune, O.V. Wright's deep soul romp "I'm Gonna Forget About You," and Freddy King's "The Welfare (Turns Its Back on You)," along with his own "Nice as a Fool Can Be" and "That's What I'll Do." /Bill Dahl, AllMusic
Who's Been Talkin' mc
Who's Been Talkin' zippy

2 comments:
Well done, Red Rooster! IMHO, this is R. Cray's best album by far. No lukewarm soul ballads here, no polished production, no pop songs - just Cray's thrilling guitar and voice!
You're welcome George, glad you enjoyed the post. And I totally agree, it's a great album.
Post a Comment