Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 62:09
Size: 144,1 MB
Styles: Blues, harmonica blues
Scans: Full
1. I'm A King Bee (3:05)
2. I Got Love If You Want It (2:50)
3. Wonderin' And Worryin' (Alt. Take) (2:12)
4. Strange Love (2:11)
5. You'll Be Sorry One Day (2:20)
6. One More Day (2:27)
7. Bobby Sox Baby (Alt. Take) (1:58)
8. Late Last Night (2:41)
9. Buzz Me Babe (Alt. Take) (2:18)
10. Dream Girl (3:19)
11. Yeah Yeah Baby (Prev. Unissued) (2:10)
12. What A Dream (3:04)
13. Don't Start Crying Now (2:15)
14. Blues Hangover (3:09)
15. Moody Blues (3:00)
16. My Home Is A Prison (2:54)
17. Please Don't Turn Me Down (2:59)
18. Snoopin' Around (2:18)
19. Rainin' In My Heart (Alt. Take) (2:35)
20. That's Alright Baby (Prev. Unissued) (2:18)
21. Lover's Confession (Prev. Unissued) (2:20)
22. Buzzin' (2:09)
23. I Love The Life I'm Living (Alt. Take) (2:32)
24. Boogie Chillun (Prev. Unissued) (2:55)
Slim Harpo brought a good bit of the Louisiana swamp vibe with him when he recorded these immortal sides for Jay Miller's Nashville-based Excello Records in the early '60s, and the rustic, laconic way these recordings unfold, aided and abetted by Miller's trademark echo-laden production, makes them singular even inside the Excello stable.
This set sticks to Harpo's earliest Excello material, and therefore lacks some of his best-known tracks like "Baby Scratch My Back," the two-part "Tip on In," and "Te-Ni-Nee-Ni-Nu," but it does have his signature tune, "I'm a King Bee" (and its many variations, like "Buzzin'"), as well as the gorgeous "Rainin' in My Heart." Also included are a rare Harpo cover of John Lee Hooker's "Boogie Chillen" and some wonderfully ragged gems like "Bobby Sox Baby". /Steve Leggett, AllMusic
This set sticks to Harpo's earliest Excello material, and therefore lacks some of his best-known tracks like "Baby Scratch My Back," the two-part "Tip on In," and "Te-Ni-Nee-Ni-Nu," but it does have his signature tune, "I'm a King Bee" (and its many variations, like "Buzzin'"), as well as the gorgeous "Rainin' in My Heart." Also included are a rare Harpo cover of John Lee Hooker's "Boogie Chillen" and some wonderfully ragged gems like "Bobby Sox Baby". /Steve Leggett, AllMusic
I'm A King Bee: The Early Swamp-Blues Classics mc
I'm A King Bee: The Early Swamp-Blues Classics zippy

7 comments:
Thanks a lot!!!
You're welcome Skin, glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for your comment.
Thank you Red Rooster. You're cooking with gas!!! Great.
You're welcome Chi-Town, glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for your comment.
Gidday Red Rooster! Would it be possible to get a ReUp of this Slim Harpo Compilation Please? I don't have these early trax....Thanks so much. Cheers Rixboy
Links for this post updated April 30, 2020.
@Red Rooster Thanks so much for your ReUp of Slim Harpo-I'm A King Bee post. I'm going to crank this one right up! Cheers Rixboy
Post a Comment