Monday, December 22, 2014

Bryce Janey - 2 albums: Live At J.M. O'Malley's / Practice What You Preach

Bryce Janey began his Music career in his hometown of Marion, IA at the age of 13 in a blues-rock trio called The Janey’s. With his mother on drums and his father BillyLee on guitar, The Janey’s played regionally and nationally from Chicago to Los Angeles. They shared the stage with over 50 national acts, including Buddy Guy, Delbert McClinton, Blues Traveler, Johnny Winter and Koko Taylor.

While still in The Janey’s, Bryce began a solo career and released his first CD, Practice What You Preach, in 1996 on Hot Fudge Music label. This release was later picked up by an independent label in Minneapolis, MN where Bryce began to showcase in local clubs like Whiskey Junction and BrewBakers in St. Paul. Two more CDs were released, Live at Checker’s Tavern and Sweet Baby Jane. These early CDs have gained national attention and five stars from Blues Access magazine (1998) and great reviews from Blues Revue and Living Blues, among others. In 1999, Bryce signed with San Diego music attorney, Rod Underhill and became the number one artist on mp3.com later that year.

In 2001, Bryce released his next CD, Bare Wire, and began touring again with his own band and with Iowa’s own The Blue Band. Bryce played festivals and successful venues like B.B. King’s in Memphis and Buddy Guy’s Legends in Chicago. The Blue Band also played venues in Minneapolis, Kansas City, St. Louis, Nashville, Denver and Keystone. Bryce was inducted into the Iowa Rock-n-Roll Hal of Fame with The BlueBand in 2007. In early 2003, Bryce released Live At JM O’Malley’s. That same year, he also released The Janey’s with his father, Iowa Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee, BillyLee Janey. He performed with The Janey’s father/son team-up, as well as with his own band.

Album: Live At J.M. O'Malley's
Bitrate: 320K/s
Time: 44:15
Size: 101.3 MB
Styles: Blues rock
Year: 2001
Art: Front

[6:01] 1. Hold On
[4:46] 2. Long Time Runnin'
[7:06] 3. Strat Blues
[6:10] 4. Practice What You Preach
[6:19] 5. Workin' Fool
[5:39] 6. Sweet Baby Jane
[5:00] 7. Walking Blues
[3:12] 8. Trick Bag

Live At J.M. O'Malley's

Album: Practice What You Preach
Bitrate: 320K/s
Time: 38:14
Size: 87.5 MB
Styles: Blues rock
Year: 1995
Art: Front

[4:53] 1. Practice What You Preach
[2:50] 2. If I Could
[4:18] 3. Goin' Back Home
[4:20] 4. Walkin' Out On Me
[4:24] 5. Tampa Bay
[4:54] 6. Ain't Nobody Dancin'
[3:17] 7. Some For Me, More For You
[5:43] 8. Movin' On
[3:31] 9. Gamblin' Man's Blues

Practice What You Preach

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is probably too old, but with the recent posts of two othe Bryce Janey albums I'd like to pick this one up as well. Much thanks to you.

mat.tiggas said...

new links 20aug2015.

Loumy93 said...

Hi Mat,
Is it possible to re-up these 2 dead links ?
Many thanks in advance
Best regards

Loumy93 said...

Hi Mat,
Hope you have spent nice time

Can you see if you can re-up these dead links ?

Many thanks in advance

mat.tiggas said...

new links 24march2016.

Loumy93 said...

@Mat:
Thanks a lot for this kind re-up !
Best regards

Luc said...

Is it possible to re-up? Thanks in advance!

frankie said...

If possible can I have a fresh link for - Practice What You Preach. Thanks in advance.

daba said...

Hi. Would like both CDs reupped if possible please! :)

frankie said...

@ daba I have a copy of Bryce Janey - Live at J.M. O'Malleys "BUT" the bitrate is suspect, otherwise I would post it. I will wait on this too.

bluzlver55 said...

Live at J.M. O'Malleys I used 7zip to compress

https://www.mirrored.to/files/0JAPVC6V/Bryce_Janey_-_Live_at_J.M._O_Malley_s.zip_links

Practice What You Preach I used 7zip to compress

https://www.mirrored.to/files/1VWNOGMM/Bryce_Janey_-_Practice_What_You_Preach_(2009).zip_links

daba said...

@bluzlver55 TYVM! Greatly Appreciated! :)

frankie said...

@ bluzlver55: Thanks for the Bryce Janey Practice What You Preach. But It has errors plus a glitch on track 05. I assume it's the same copy as originally posted. Have you played it?

daba said...

@frankie I am having glitches also. Track 7 cuts out about in the middle and goes to 8.

frankie said...

@ daba thank the Lord it's "NOT" my ears then. Trying to find another copy but so far no luck :(

Red Rooster said...

Sorry guys, but I can't be of any help with a good copy of "Practice What You Preach". The copy I have is a different one from the one originally posted here, but it also has some minor glitches on track #5. Track #7 doesn't cut short though, but runs to the end. So, it seems most copies around have errors.

frankie said...

Thanks for the feedback on that. Maybe I get lucky than again probably not LOL. Take care there :)

bluzlver55 said...

Hello, Sorry, it was my wife's birthday on the 5th, so wasn't around.

Do not remember where i got this copy!!! Just played it and other than a skip on track 7 and a sudden ending, no problems with any of the rest. So I apologize for wastin' time and bandwidth. Just rying to help when i can!!

frankie said...

@ bluzlver55: "Not" a biggie I appreciate you posting what you had. There may yet be a positive result on "Practice What You Preach" I'm still working on that!

daba said...

The Electric Blues is going to post "Practice What You Preach" for me tomorrow! :)

frankie said...

Bryce Janey - Practice What You Preach - 1995 (320) 100% Clean Copy👌

https://we.tl/t-KzjCds2Gdy

bluzlver55 said...

@ Daba, Frankie Thank You!!!!! for the new links, I will replace my copy.

frankie said...

@ bluzlver55: Your welcome glad to help :)

frankie said...

Err the file from outside this blog is also corrupt & the bitrate is actually 192