Saturday, April 16, 2016

Omar & The Howlers Feat. Gary Primich - Too Much Is Not Enough

Year: 2012
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 38:13
Size: 89,8 MB
Styles: Electric blues, harmonica blues
Scans: Full

1. Too Much (2:45)
2. I Gotta Let You Go (3:09)
3. Honest I Do (2:21)
4. I Ain't Got You (2:46)
5. High And Lonesome (3:56)
6. Going To New York (2:37)
7. Roll In Rhumba (2:23)
8. Take Out Some Insurance (3:11)
9. I'm Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town (3:58)
10. I'm Gonna Ruin You (3:35)
11. Shame, Shame, Shame (3:44)
12. You Don't Have To Go (3:43)

Omar had wanted to do a Jimmy Reed tribute for more than 20 years. His original idea was to release an Omar and the Howlers record which featured guest artists playing on some of the tracks. "Too Much Is Not Enough" is the result of that vision. When Jimmie Vaughan joined the project, these tracks recorded for the Omar & The Howlers cd went on hold. Omar thought about separating the songs and dividing them up on different releases, but he realized they should be kept together as a collection in order to do them justice.

Besides the unstoppable talent of Gary Primich on harp, the release includes Gary Clark, Jr., Jay Moeller (Fabulous Thunderbirds), Ronnie James (Jimmie Vaughan band), and Derek O’Brien. Also playing on several tracks are Barry Bihm on bass and drummer, Jon Hahn, who were the Howlers’ rhythm section at the time.

Including a disclaimer as the liner notes, Dykes states that he knows he has already released a Jimmy Reed cd. He explains, “...damn the torpedoes, "Too Much Is Not Enough" is a completely different approach to Jimmy Reed. The common thread between the two releases is the incredible talent featured on the tracks. The most important reason to release these songs is they are the last recordings I did with my good friend Gary Primich. I believe these songs deserve to be shared and appreciated.”

Too Much Is Not Enough mc
Too Much Is Not Enough gofile

8 comments:

hopster said...

Looking for a re-up on this great album. Thanks for everything.

Red Rooster said...

Links for this post updated February 3, 2019.

hopster said...

Thanks a bunch Red Rooster.

luis.lisboa said...

Coud you re-up, please? Thanks in advance

Red Rooster said...

Links for this post updated March 10, 2021.

Aniano Enrique said...

Could you please re-up this album ? Many thanks in advance.

Red Rooster said...

Links for this post updated February 25, 2026.

Aniano Enrique said...

Thank you very much !