Size: 99.2 MB
Time: 42:59
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Styles: Blues Rock
Art: Front
1. I'm A Steady Rollin' Man [2:51]
2. Soft Spot [1:41]
3. Tallahassee Women [3:08]
4. Wang Dang Doodle [2:39]
5. Boogie Chillen [3:17]
6. No Expectations [3:56]
7. Bad News [3:02]
8. Down The Highway [3:25]
9. Got To Move [3:10]
10. Born With The Blues [2:13]
11. The Sky Is Crying [4:11]
12. The Hookers (If You Miss 'Im...I Got 'Im) [3:00]
13. Pictures From Life s Other Side [2:47]
14. One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer (Live From Rockline) [3:31]
Guitar great George Thorogood is stepping out from his legendary band the Destroyers for the first time with a new solo album, Party of One.
Responsible for a string of gritty rock hits including “Bad to the Bone,” “I Drink Alone,” and “Reelin’ and Rockin’,” Thorogood’s latest will feature 14 blues tracks that range from old school traditional—John Lee Hooker’s “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer,” and Hank Williams’ “Pictures From Life’s Other Side”—to modern classics like the Rolling Stones‘ “No Expectations.”
Party of One reunites Thorogood with his longtime producer Jim Gaines, the multi-Grammy winner who worked on several of Thorogood’s biggest albums to date, including Ride ‘Til I Die, The Hard Stuff and The Dirty Dozen. While Gaines handles the production, Thorogood himself performs all of the instruments on the acoustic-tinged album, imbuing it with an intimate one-on-one feel.
“I think this is a project that’s long overdue,” Thorogood says in a statement. “Maybe it should have been the very first album I ever made. After playing with the band for all these years, I had to kind of reverse my hands and my head in order to do this thing justice. But I think Destroyers fans – and hardcore blues fans, too – are ready for the unexpected. My whole career, I’ve always said, ‘Just give them what you are, and they’re either going to dig it or not.’ This record is what I was, what I am, and what I always will be.”
Party Of One
Party of One reunites Thorogood with his longtime producer Jim Gaines, the multi-Grammy winner who worked on several of Thorogood’s biggest albums to date, including Ride ‘Til I Die, The Hard Stuff and The Dirty Dozen. While Gaines handles the production, Thorogood himself performs all of the instruments on the acoustic-tinged album, imbuing it with an intimate one-on-one feel.
“I think this is a project that’s long overdue,” Thorogood says in a statement. “Maybe it should have been the very first album I ever made. After playing with the band for all these years, I had to kind of reverse my hands and my head in order to do this thing justice. But I think Destroyers fans – and hardcore blues fans, too – are ready for the unexpected. My whole career, I’ve always said, ‘Just give them what you are, and they’re either going to dig it or not.’ This record is what I was, what I am, and what I always will be.”
Party Of One

10 comments:
Great album to hear George on his own; electric or acoustic, George plays if it is his last one! thanks for sharing.
thanx tonka
15 - Dynaflow blues seems to be missing...Can you help ?
Well, another one bites de ..... Blues, excelent!!! Thx Tonka.
@Albert; the official digital Rounder release has 14 tracks; track 15 is a bonus track on CD; but i don't know the source of this post;
I'm gonna buy this cd anyway; if i git it, i'll add track 15 unless someone else is faster....
Thank you Johnny Lee
Cheers for the comments everyone , nice to have feedback and thanks JLR for info on the bonus track ;)
This is an excellent album! Some fine acoustic blues in there.
bonus track 15 : http://www81.zippyshare.com/v/1iXxhu4O/file.html
Many, many thanks Johny Lee
Post a Comment