Saturday, February 29, 2020

John Lee Hooker - Urban Blues (Expanded Edition)

Size: 93,6 MB
Time: 39:10
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 1967/1993
Styles: Detroit Blues, Delta Blues
Art: Full

01. Cry Before I Go (2:38)
02. Boom Boom (2:40)
03. Backbiters And Syndicaters (2:50)
04. Mr. Lucky (2:52)
05. My Own Blues (2:33)
06. I Can't Stand To Leave You (2:30)
07. Think Twice Before You Go (2:03)
08. I'm Standing In Line (2:50)
09. Hot Spring Water, Part I (2:22)
10. Hot Spring Water, Part II (2:30)
11. The Motor City Is Burning (2:00)
12. I Gotta Go To Vietnam (4:24)
13. Messin' 'Round With The Blues (3:18)
14. Hold On Baby (3:31)

Urban Blues is the fourth recording by John Lee Hooker under the ABC recording years. It was released in 1967 under the ABC-Bluesway record label, and re-released in 1993 under MCA records with two bonus tracks and a different song order.

Urban Blues

7 comments:

MapleBlues said...

interesting little bit here
my copy of this has 15 tracks... not sure whatyear it is from but i believe its from the UK

Bob Mac said...

Thanks BT. I had this in LP, and have it in MP3, but got a copy of this today for extra tracks I may not have.

Gerard Herzhaft said...

This CD have mixed several John Lee's Bluesway sessions. The discography is
John Lee Hooker, vcl/g; Buddy Guy or Wayne Bennett, g; Phil Upchurch, g; Eddie Taylor, bs; Al Duncan, dms. Chicago, Ill. 26 september 1967
The motor city is burning
Cry before I go
Want ad blues
Boom boom boom
John Lee Hooker, vcl/g; Eddie Taylor, g; Louis Myers, hca; Phil Upchurch, bs; Al Duncan, dms. Chicago, Ill. 27 november 1967
Back biters and syndicaters
I can't stand to leave you baby
My own blues
Mr Lucky
Think twice before I go
I'm standing in line
Hot Spring water I & II
John Lee Hooker, vcl/g; Earl Hooker, g; Paul Asbell, g; Jeff Carp, hca; Johnny "Big Moose" Walker, pno/og; Gino Skaggs, bs; Roosevelt Shaw, dms. Los Angeles, Ca. 29 may 1969
Messin' round with the blues
I gotta go to Vietnam
Hold on baby

B.why said...

Please re-up

thebird said...

@B.why - John Lee Hooker – Urban Blues (1967) (1993 Expanded Remastered Reissue Edition) FLAC

Sendgb link

https://sendgb.com/6YJvuqoTSc0

Red Rooster said...

Thank you TheBird for helping out. You beat me to it. Should anyone be interested in the mp3 version of this album you will find links below. And I guess two options won't hurt.

John Lee Hooker - Urban Blues (Expanded Edition) (1993) [320]
MC: https://www.mirrored.to/files/OZWRGSYF/JLH-UBEE.rar_links
GoFile: https://gofile.io/d/OndOuG

B.why said...

@thebird @Red Rooster Thank you both. Great album with a really great backing band.