Time: 45:59
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 1988
Styles: Electric Blues, Blues Soul
Art: Full
01. Room With A View (5:07)
02. I Don't Want To Do Wrong (5:47)
03. Not Trustworthy (A Lyin' Woman) (3:39)
04. Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The One To Say Goodbye) (6:20)
05. How Wrong Can A Good Man Be (3:39)
06. Body And Fender Man (5:34)
07. I Owe You (4:59)
08. Wish I'd Never Loved You At All (3:09)
09. The Hunt Is On (3:49)
10. A World I Never Made (3:53)
Although calling Johnny Adams a blues singer is far too confining, he's certainly among the finest to perform in that idiom. He's equally brilliant at slow or uptempo numbers, can effectively convey irony, heartache, or triumph, and is a masterful storyteller. These ten blues numbers cover every emotional base, allowing Adams a chance to show his proficiency. With great support from an instrumental corps that includes guitarists Walter "Wolfman" Washington and Duke Robillard, keyboardist Dr. John, and saxophonists Red Tyler and Foots Samuel, plus Ernie Gautreau on valve trombone, Adams didn't just cut a blues album, he made unforgettable blues statements. ~Ron Wynn
Room With A View Of The Blues

7 comments:
One of my favorite albums. The backing provided by Dr John and Walter Washington is just unreal. Def recommend to everyone. Adams was such a consummate musician. Thanks, BT.
The title track is one of the most thrilling blues I've ever heard. I even tried to cover it, in a number of gigs - but who can stand up to Mr. Adams's unique voice and Duke's guitar mastery? Lovely post, BT, thank you!
Always a pleasure listen to Johnny Adams!
So many thanx!!!
great voice .. many thanks !!
Anybody else notice the track listing on the file don't match the scan?
@All
In fact, albee is right when he say that track list don't match with covers. There's also a track 'County Line' that was included that don't belong to this album. You can fix it by yourself or download it again since post was remade with correct alignment.
Sorry for this and thank you all for your comments in this post and in any other of my posts. As you know, I don't talk much but I read everything you write :)
Post a Comment