Monday, February 17, 2020

Lazy Lester - I Hear You Knockin'! The Excello Singles

Year: 1994
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 77:10
Size: 179,9 MB
Styles: Electric blues, harmonica blues
Scans: Full

1. I'm Gonna Leave You Baby (2:12)
2. Lester's Stomp (1:53)
3. Go Ahead (2:21)
4. They Call Me Lazy (3:23)
5. I Told My Little Woman (2:52)
6. Tell Me Pretty Baby (2:21)
7. I'm A Lover Not A Fighter (2:45)
8. Sugar Coated Love (2:46)
9. I Hear You Knockin' (2:13)
10. Through The Goodness Of My Heart (2:12)
11. I Love You, I Need You (2:21)
12. Late, Late In The Evening (2:02)
13. Bye, Bye Baby (2:22)
14. A Real Combination For Love (2:31)
15. Patrol Blues (2:39)
16. You Got Me Where You Want Me (3:03)
17. I'm So Glad (2:51)
18. Whoa Now (2:49)
19. If You Think You've Lost Me (2:16)
20. I'm So Tired (2:28)
21. Lonesome Highway Blues (3:13)
22. I Made Up My Mind (2:19)
23. You're Gonna Ruin Me Baby (2:35)
24. Strange Things Happen (2:47)
25. A Word About Women (2:37)
26. The Same Thing Could Happen To You (2:16)
27. Take Me In Your Arms (3:01)
28. You Better Listen (2:24)
29. Because She's Gone (2:49)
30. Ponderosa Stomp (2:33)

Southern Louisiana swamp blues doesn't get more infectious or atmospheric than in the hands of Lazy Lester, whose late-'50s/early-'60s catalog for Excello Records (produced by the legendary J.D. Miller) is splendidly summarized with the 30 sides here. Lester's insistent harp and laconic vocals shine brightly on the rollicking "I'm a Lover, Not a Fighter," "Sugar Coated Love," "I Hear You Knockin'," and "If You Think I've Lost You," serving to help define the genre's timeless appeal. /Bill Dahl, AllMusic

I Hear You Knockin'! The Excello Singles mc
I Hear You Knockin'! The Excello Singles zippy

5 comments:

albee said...

Thank you for the upgrade RR

Red Rooster said...

You're most welcome Albee, glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for your comment.

Bluesiana said...

Requesting a REUP Please.

Thank you !

Red Rooster said...

Links for this post updated November 2, 2020.

Bluesiana said...

Again, much thanks !